Saturday, August 11, 2007

Britt Starts Preschool!!!

Britt and his friend, Caden on their first day of school


Buddies starting preschool. Aug. 07

My baby boy, Britt started preschool. I was actually really sad about it. I have been longing this moment for the past 10 1/2 years, the days when I would have time to myself again. I am not one of those moms who cries when their child goes to kindergarten, they are ready and I am definately ready for it. Somehow, with Britt it is different, maybe because he's my baby and this will be my last child's "first day of preschool". I am going to have 6 hours a week to myself while he's in school after Gracen starts kindergarten on the 27th. I don't know where to begin to catch up on everything I'm behind in life. I'm sure I'll figure it out and in a few weeks will be loving it.




The Sunday before school started, Gracen got hold of scissors and literally butched 1/2 of his head, Darin shaved him and Gracen really struggled with it, he hated his hair. Gracen has never had short hair though in his life. On Monday morning when he woke up, I was out in the kitchen and here comes Gracen with a blanket on his head. I said "Where's my Gracen?" he said he didn't want me to see him, so Laurie cut off all Britty's hair, too. It was really sad. Gracen is happier now that he and Britt have matching hair again. I am still getting used to them, they both look completely different, Britt looks much more grown up with his short hair. I think we will be growing the hair back out. It's cute and nice and cool for summer, but I miss the cute blonde curls.

2 comments:

Bel said...

I cant believe Brit is in preschool already! Your little baby! He has seriously grown up so quickly!
Brit and Gracen certianly look different with their new haircuts but they are handsome boys and they looks cute either way.

Kel said...

I still can't get over it... Britty looks like a complete imposter of himself! It freaks me out how different he looks!! I can't believe he is in pre-school! Our little baby Britty!!! He looks so big and so cute! I actually love the short hair... i am sad summer is coming to an end too, it flew too fast! I am excited for the fall holidays though! We'll have to plan some fun things, okay!! Love you Hoolia! and I love your blog because you are never fake!! Something I admire most about you is that what you see is what you get! Thanks for that!!

Love you So much!

kel